Terms and Conditions, Roxy Cinema
Terms and Conditions
SALE OF MOVIE TICKETS
Concession prices are offered for the following: Emergency services, nurses, teachers, and charity volunteers upon ID.
The other tickets (not adults) in Family Packages are always Child Tickets.
Roxy Cinema reserves the right to change, modify, limit or cancel any of the prices at any time without notice.
Tuppence Tuesday excludes HFR Sessions, Public Holidays, Special Events and Premieres.
REFUNDS FOR GENERAL TICKET SALES
The Roxy Cinema realise that circumstances can change, so we have a refund policy that we believe is fair for both you and us. In most cases we still have to pay the distributor and third party booking fees, so the earlier you can give us notice of a cancellation and refund request, the easier it is for us to be able to help. We do not have to provide a refund if you have changed your mind about a particular purchase, so please choose carefully. If the goods are faulty we will meet our obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act to provide a remedy.
More than 24 hours notice before your film screens - If you give us more than 24 hours notice that you can't make the film we will transfer your tickets to another screening or provide a Roxy Cinema voucher for the ticket (excluding booking and credit card fees) that can be used within 12 months.
Less than 24 hours notice before your film screens but prior to film start time - If you give us less than 24 hours notice that you cannot make the film we will transfer your tickets to another screening which is currently on sale, subject to availability and less any booking and credit card fees.
The film has commenced - Once a film has commenced its scheduled start time, no refunds, transfers or exchanges for vouchers will be given.
Held unpaid bookings - We reserve the right to release for sale any bookings made that have not been paid for within 10 minutes of the films scheduled start time.
Refunds for special events or event ticket sales - Please choose carefully as we are unable to refund cash for unwanted special or event ticket sales. In some extenuating circumstances we can offer a voucher for a similar monetary amount. Please contact us immediately to request.
If there are extenuating circumstances please contact us.
Roxy cinema vouchers ('Admit Vouchers' and 'e-gift Vouchers') may be purchased inhouse at the Box Office during opening hours or online at any time. They are only eligible for use at the Roxy by presentation at the Roxy Box Office or at Coco when making a payment or can be used online to purchase items from the Gift Shop or ticket page following the website instructions.
Vouchers purchased inhouse carry an additional $1 printing and handling charge and are presented in a specially designed gift folder. All inhouse voucher sales are made on the understanding that they will not be extended, replaced or refunded if lost, altered, defaced, tampered with or damaged. We recommend you keep a copy or photo of the voucher and store out of the sunlight.
Third party vouchers, discount deals, comps and offers are not always redeemable at the Roxy so we ask that you check the terms and conditions carefully or call ahead to confirm.
The old printed and hand written card vouchers are not redeemable online and can only be redeemed inhouse. All our old card vouchers have a 1 year expiry date from date of purchase and cannot be replaced or reissued if lost or damaged.
Admit Vouchers - these are vouchers for a specific ticket type. One Admit Voucher will entitle the holder to one admission for a regular film screening at the Roxy upon redemption of the voucher subject to these terms and conditions. Admit Vouchers will expire on the date indicated on the voucher, which is 12 months after the date of purchase. Surcharges apply to 3D screenings and must be paid at the time of booking. 3D glasses sold separately. Use your Voucher to book online at roxycinema.co.nz (booking fees apply), or present your Voucher at the cinema box office. Admit vouchers cannot be redeemed for premieres, special screenings, film festivals, retrospectives, movie marathons, signature events, special events, group bookings or any sessions classified as festivals or for any screening that is hosted by a third party. The onus is on the holder to use the Admit Voucher before the specified expiry date.
E-gift vouchers (monetary amount voucher) - these vouchers will entitle the holder to the cash value of the voucher and can be used for any item or tickets at the Roxy and Coco upon presentation of the voucher. E-gift vouchers do not expire subject to the voucher being legible and not damaged, altered or defaced or tampered with. Use your Voucher to book online at roxycinema.co.nz (booking fees apply), or present your Voucher at the cinema box office or Coco.
Presentation of any voucher does not guarantee or reserve a product or a seat and is subject to availability. No change given. Bookings are recommended. Online Booking Fees apply. Standard film classifications admission rules apply. Vouchers cannot be transferred or sold or exchanged for cash. We reserve the right to cancel any Voucher for any reason at any time without notice. In these circumstances the Roxy may either provide a refund or a replacement Voucher of equivalent value unless it reasonably suspects fraud in relation to a Voucher or it is regrettably unable to do so due to business closure. Roxy Cinema reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions of Vouchers without notice.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CINEMA ADMISSION
You agree that your access to and use of any goods and services at the Roxy Cinema is subject to these terms and conditions and all applicable laws
1. We reserve the right to refuse admission to the premises and remove from the premises anyone at any time for good reason. “Premises” includes the area under our front canopy, all doorways and fire exits and our rear carpark, loading bay and service lane.
2. We reserve the right to request all cell phone and other recording and electronic devices to be handed into a secure area for collection after the screening.
3. We reserve the right to inspect all bags being taken into the theatre and to remove any suspicious, threatening and/or unattended items.
4. We reserve the right to issue a trespass notice under the Trespass Act 1980. A person who has received a warning commits an offence if they do not leave the property, or if they come on to the property, within two years of receiving the warning. The penalty for these offences is a fine of up to $1,000 or a prison term of up to three months.
5. We operate a non-smoking policy in all areas of the building.
6. The use of any form of recording equipment is not permitted in any area of the premises, except with the express permission of the Manager. In some instances a Consent to Film contract needs to be entered into.
7. Mobiles phones and other electronic devices must be switched off before entering the theatres. Please be aware that light from a cell phone screen can disturb those around you and you may be asked to leave.
8. We or any permitted third parties may carry out general filming and sound recording in or about the venue. By purchasing goods and services you consent to you and your party being included in and to the exploitation of such films and recordings without payment.
9. You are responsible for any possessions you bring into the premises and we are not liable for any damages whatsoever.
10. Responsible Service of Alcohol house polices apply.
11. Food and drink purchased from outside the premises may not be consumed within the premises.
You acknowledge the Cinema’s right to enforce film classification requirements set by the New Zealand Censorship Board and you will not purchase tickets that you (and any persons on whose behalf you purchase tickets) are not legally entitled to see, for instance if you are under 16 you cannot purchase and use tickets for a film classified R16. The Cinema reserves the right to insist that you provide suitable photographic identification depending on a film’s classification.
No Free List
The Company may impose a “no complimentaries” or “no free tickets” restriction (No Comps) to certain films and screenings in its discretion. ‘No Complimentaries’ is a restriction imposed for selected films and screenings upon their release. It means that no special complimentary coupons, discounts or offers are valid for use on that specific film or screening until the restriction has been lifted.
Where you purchase concession tickets online, suitable identification must be provided at the Cinema.
The purchasing of products and services may be subject to booking, credit card and other fees. All tickets purchased through this Site will be subject to a booking fee per standard ticket booked unless otherwise specified. The Cinema reserves the right to vary the amount of this booking fee from time to time, as specified in the ticket purchasing process.
Additional charges may apply for 3D films and for the rental of 3D glasses and as otherwise notified by the Cinema.
Times and Session Details
Times and session details in relation to tickets purchased thought this Site and on premises are subject to change without notice.
Where your purchase includes a purchase of any alcoholic beverage, you warrant that you are over 18 years of age and legally entitled to purchase this product. If you are purchasing this product on behalf of someone else, the recipient must also be over 18 years of age. You or the product recipient must supply suitable photographic proof of age evidence at the point of supply at the Cinema on request by the Cinema staff. If this cannot be presented, the Cinema is entitled to refuse to supply the alcoholic beverage with no further compensation to you.
GST applies to the purchase of products and services from this Site and will be charged at the time of purchase.
The Company’s obligations to you will be suspended for the period in which the Cinema is affected by any event beyond its reasonable control which shall include without limitation an act of God, fire, flood or other extreme weather event, natural disaster, strike, electricity, power or communications failure, shortage or unavailability of products or services or a change in applicable law.
No Re-Sale or Promotional Use
Products or services obtained from this Site (including vouchers) may not be re-sold for commercial or promotional purposes, bundled with other goods and services or used for promotional purposes without the Cinema’s prior written consent.
1. You agree that your access to, and use of, this site is subject to these terms and all applicable laws, and is at your own risk. This site and its contents are provided to you "as is" and the site may contain errors, inaccuracies or some faults and may not be complete or up-to-date. Roxy Cinema nor its owners, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, affiliates, successors or assigns will be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in any way related to, the use of this site and any other site linked to this site. This limitation applies to direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other damages you or others may suffer, as well as damages for loss of profits, business interruption or the loss of data or information.
2. This site is created for and controlled by Roxy Cinema. Your use of this site is governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of New Zealand. Disputes arising from your use of this site are exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand. Roxy Cinema makes no representations that the content of this site complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside of New Zealand. If you access this site from outside New Zealand, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws in the place where you access the site.
3. Roxy Cinema either owns or has the right to use the intellectual property rights with respect to this website and its content. Unless otherwise stated the material published within this website is the copyright of Roxy Cinema or one of the operators of the products and services promoted on this website. The material published within this website may not be reproduced in whole or in part without the express written permission of Roxy Cinema.
4. Roxy Cinema is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site. While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this website is correct, complete, and up-to-date.
5. No pricing or product description shown on this website or in any downloadable attachment is legally binding.
6. Roxy Cinema is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in other internet sites including those linked to the Roxy website. Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. We are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites.
7. Privacy: We may use information you provide us for internal record keeping, marketing, market research and in improve our services. We will never sell your information. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
8. The use of e-cigarettes and vaping is also prohibited in all areas of the building.