Doc Edge Film Festival, Roxy Cinema
Doc Edge Film Festival
Doc Edge International Documentary Film Festival 2019
• Full: $18.00
• Concession: Students, Under 25’s, Seniors (60+), Film Society and Industry Guild Members: $15.00 (Valid ID required)
• Doc Edge Weekday Rate: $12.00 (Available for public screenings starting before 5 PM weekdays)
• Children (14 and under): $0.00 (1 complimentary child tickets per full price adult ticket )
• 5-Films Pass: $75.00 (Redeemable for 5 full price tickets at The Roxy (Wellington), valid for both personal and group bookings. Not valid for opening and closing night events) In house sales only for this pass.
• 10-Films Pass: $145.00 (Redeemable for 10 full price tickets at The Roxy (Wellington), valid for both personal and group bookings. Not valid for opening and closing night events) In house sales only for this pass.
• Binge Viewing Pass: $250.00 (Unlimited personal access to Doc Edge screenings in the centre of your choice. Includes an invitation to our opening and closing night events and a complimentary goodie bag) In house sales only for this pass.
• Opening & Closing Night: $25.00 (Ticket includes a complimentary drink and an invite to the opening night event at Coco at the Roxy)
5 & 10 trip passes, and Binge Viewing passes can only be purchased in person at The Roxy, and redeemed for screenings at The Roxy.
Booking fees are included in the ticket price & Credit Card transactions may be subject to a surcharge
• Online – click on the below posters to be taken to booking links for each title
If you are trying to book online and getting a SORRY error message, this means the screening is SOLD OUT.
If you are booking tickets online make sure you choose NEXT to process payment and not CONTINUE SHOPPING which takes you back to the homepage. You may have to zoom out to full screen if using a mobile phone.
The Roxy website is optimised for regular Roxy trade (buying tickets to one film at a time). If buying for multiple films it's recommended to do this in person at the Roxy box office. This is also the only way to purchase 5 & 10 trip passes.
• No Phone Bookings (except wheelchair required bookings)
• In Person at the box office – 5 Park Road, Miramar, Wellington, during Box Office Hours
• Box Office Hours – 9am – 9pm Every Day
Wheelchair bookings must be made in person or over the phone (04) 388-5555 ext. 2
Doc Edge returns to Wellington for the 14th International Documentary Film Festival in 2019, showcasing the best documentaries from New Zealand and the world.
For 2019’s film programme, Doc Edge brings together some of year’s most popular and groundbreaking documentaries. World festival favourites screen alongside celebrations of whānau and fearless wāhine, investigations of crime & conspiracy, explorations everyday life and artistic excellence, and much more.
Doc Edge is Australasia's premier documentary film festival and is an Academy Award qualifying film festival. From May 30 – June 9, Doc Edge’s 2019 selection brings something for everyone – from doc lovers to first timers.
The Roxy remains the heart of the Doc Edge festival in Wellington. Their state-of-the-art cinemas are home to the screenings, with the foyer hosting the Festival hub & special events. Light House Cuba &, Te Auaha & Park Road Post host screenings, exhibitions and industry events.
For more information and to learn more, visit docedge.nz